LAST WEEK, Liberal leader Bob Rae warned that the federal political culture of Canada is ‘entering into a kind of Nixonian moment.’ This all-thumbs assertion lacks definite substance and grip — we’re in a kind of like, you know, moment thing — but has its use. For almost a year we’ve known of the Robocall mess, media reports having been issued since election day. Now the plot, and the rot, thicken. Here I refer to the top-shelf work of Stephen Maher and Glen McGregor of Postmedia News, under our present analogy the Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein of this vote suppression scandal. Reviewing the evidence they’ve patiently assembled, can you now doubt a wide and active campaign of fraud in the 2011 election?
- The Roundtable Podcast 71: Who Would Have Thought?
- The Roundtable Podcast 70: War & Religion
- Full Circle: the Aboriginal Healing Foundation & the Unfinished Work of Hope, Healing & Reconciliation
- Coming Fall 2014—”Residential Schools: with the Words and Images of Survivors”
- The First Nations Financial Transparency Act and Business as Usual in Ottawa
// Today’s Hits
// Thee Randomizer